Tuesday 18 October 2005

I’m no techy - but I’m no novice either

A long time ago, and I do mean a-long-time-ago, I came out of university with a Computer Science degree, and immediately shunned a sensible career in programming, systems analysis, project management or consultancy.

I went to work for a hardware vendor, Olivetti in fact, and subsequently spent 20+ years gainfully employed within the IT industry following the money into sales, marketing & business development. I know computer architectures, internet appliances & network infrastructure really well, but until recently, had never earned a penny by being in front of a keyboard (so be warned!)...

After taking a sailing sabbatical in 2000-1, I decided to leave the world of quotas, targets & sales management behind and head towards the ‘be your own boss’ world of self employment.

As it's my own money I am spending on improving my home & home office PC security & online presence, I have sought out a select few low cost, high quality service providers which I am happy to share with you upon request.

No comments:

Post a Comment