Monday 29 May 2006

Deciding on a new website design..

One of the major cost factors in creating a new website is having one designed. ie. A bespoke design = lots of creativity, technical skill & most of all - time! There are many web design companies setup to deliver this, charging between 750-3000 GB pounds to put a very nice site together.

But. If you want to take a step down from a bespoke design, consider choosing a template which you can add your own words & graphics too. I did, and to help me decide which design suits my business best, I asked my friends & business colleagues to vote on the following 4 designs. by reading the comments, you can see the decision was almost unanimous!








Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

  1. I prefer the first one with the photographs on as it looks crisp and more professional than the others. My second choice would be the "eye"! I like the idea of the third one, but I don't think its style is what you are about..it doesn't give me a feel for the business you are in, although it's sort of modern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the subject of web design, I definitely prefer the first one! It's nice and clean, simple and classy, yet can say all you need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one best - the 2nd one is probably too unusual for people to realise it's a corporate site, and the 3rd one is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No 1 is no. 1. It looks the sharpest, most business like, and very up-market. It suits me!

    If your audience is trash from the Staines Massif then pick no. 2.

    No. 3 is a poor no. 1

    ReplyDelete