Sunday 27 June 2010

Why does internet marketing take so long?

Why does internet marketing take so long?  After all, once you've created a website and sorted out the search engine optimisation, surely there's nothing much left to do is there? Wrong!!

Because my internet marketing presence is to “engage the client through an increasingly digital purchase journey”, it's important to have an online presence which informs, educates, excites and establishes trust in the services I offer.

And the longer I thought about my objectives to using social media services including Twitter, Google AdWords, Facebook, this blog, website, slideshare, delicious, eBay shop and PayPal, the more it reminded me of some early sales advice I received over twenty years ago when I was first starting out:
  • When meeting a new client:  First - Sell Yourself
  • Second - Sell your organisation or company
  • Third -  and only when you've achieved the above, Sell your product or service.

 And when I applied these principles to my use of  social media services it all added up!



This revealed to me why it just takes so long to manage an effective internet presence - it's a lot of work!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment