Tuesday 15 November 2005

Thinking about broadband security

Once you plug your PC into the internet full time - all hell can let loose - unless you put some basic intrusion detection in place. I'm sure I don't have any unique comments on this subject - other than to say that you had better do this...

I am encouraging my Father-in-law to stay on his aging Windows 98 with dial-up modem for the time being!! Bearing in mind all he wants to do is check his email and do some web browsing, I just know that going to Windows XP and broadband will be more pain than gain in the short term - right now I'm thinking he should go Mac.

The moral of this story is simple: Protect & survive. Sorry - you have no choice:
Which Firewall do you use?

Zone AlarmWindows XP
broadband router
other




Which anti-virus software is installed on your PC?


Norton / Symantec
Sophos
Trend Micro
Avast
other



Have you discovered spy-ware yet?

yes
no




2 comments:

  1. Hello Steve Kitt. I came across your site while searching the web for related information. Although what you have is not exactly what I was looking for I still found it interesting. You definitely some good stuff to read! I was really searching for information or something about the reverse parking sensor. It's a safety device that every driver should not be without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve Kitt I was just searching blogs and found yours! I like It!

    If you have a moment, please come and visit my site.
    Free spyware scan

    ReplyDelete